The following Terms and Conditions apply to the jbjs.org website and all other websites operated by The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. (the “Sites”) including, by way of example only, surgicaltechniques.org and caseconnector.org. All access to and use of the Sites is conditioned on compliance with the following Terms and Conditions. Any use of the Sites shall constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The person using the Sites may view, reproduce or store copies of articles comprising the journal provided that the articles are used only for their personal, non-commercial use. Uses beyond that allowed by the "Fair Use" limitations (sections 107 and 108) of the U.S. Copyright law require permission of the publisher. Request permission here. If you believe your work has been reproduced at the Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Any uses and or copies of content on the Sites in whole or in part must include the customary bibliographic citation, including author attribution, date, article title, the URL, and MUST include a copy of the copyright notice.
- The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery (and logo design) and JBJS are trademarks of The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. Any use of said trademarks in connection with the sale, distribution, or advertising of any goods or services is strictly prohibited.
- Personal accounts and/or passwords may not be shared. You may not impersonate any other Site user.
- The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. reserves the right to suspend, terminate or prevent your registration at our sole discretion because, for example, we consider you to have breached or will breach these Terms and Conditions of Use or someone has reported abuse.
- The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. will make reasonable efforts to keep the Sites available 24/7. However, as a result of technical failures, routine maintenance, or other unforeseen circumstances, availability may be limited and The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. will not be responsible for the nonavailability of the Sites. Users should be aware that The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. reserves the right to change, discontinue, suspend or restrict access to all or any part of the Sites at any time. Reliance on their continued availability is at the user’s risk.
- Links and references to as well as descriptions of other products, publications or services does not imply endorsement of any kind unless expressly stated by The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc.
- The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions of Use in its sole discretion and to deny access to anyone who breaches these Terms and Conditions. Accessing or the use of the materials following the posting of any such modifications shall be subject to such modified Terms and Conditions.
- The use of the Sites and these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Disclaimer of Warranties
In no event shall The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of the articles or other material derived from the journals, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability.
This publication is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Descriptions of, or references to, products or publications does not imply endorsement of that product or publication.
JBJS Sites are under continuous development and changes may be made in these publications, Sites and programs at any time. There is no guarantee that the information contained in the online version of the journal is identical to the print version of the journal. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc. does not have any duty to update the information contained on the online version to correct errors or otherwise.
Copyright © 2014 by The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Inc.
The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery®, JBJS®, JB&JS®, and eJBJS® are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.